There have been some big grappling tournaments over the past few weeks and we have some great news to report about our competition team. We are also in the process of planning a separate program geared for our students who compete. We are confident that this will only help our competition team to grow stronger.
Serra BJJ News Blog
Team Serra Competition Team Tearing it up!
Ultimate Quick-Start Recipe Guide
With the help of 2 of my colleagues, I compiled over 30 healthy recipes that are not only great tasting but most are simple to make. Combat athletes are busy juggling training with work and family responsibilities and need meals that are tasty and convenient. Sign up in our members section to see more great recipes.
Here is a sample recipe from the guide contributed by personal trainer and our very own Matt Hurd:
Crabmeat Stuffed Chicken
Contributed by Matt Hurd
- 1lb chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3oz canned crabmeat
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1oz shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- 2Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 1Tbsp Parsley flakes
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Pound out chicken between plastic wrap(less mess) to about 1/8" thickness.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs, crabmeat, mayo, cheese, lime juice, and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture between the chicken, roll up, and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine the remaining bread crumbs, parsley flakes, black pepper, and paprika in a bowl.
- Dip chicken rolls in the skim milk and roll around in the crumbs till fully breaded.
- Place all breaded rolls on a plate, cover completely with wax paper and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
*Grab a FREE copy of the complete Recipe Guide brought to you by TrainingForMMAFitness.com by clicking here
New Purple Belt!
Huge congrats to "Big Rob" Lauth! Rob received his purple belt this evening during our advanced class with Matt Serra. Rob is as great on the ground as he is a student. He has come a long way since he first stepped into the academy. Technically we should change his nickname from "Big Rob" to "Shredded Rob". Rob's dedication to BJJ is remarkable and his BJJ skills are proof. He is one of the nicest guys you can meet and it's a pleasure to have him in our academy and part of the team! Congrats and well deserved!
Congrats to our New Blue Belts!
Congratulations to Seth Abend, Rob Fecanin, and Chris Rogers on their recent promotion to blue belt. Also from our Huntington academy, Anthony Vita who received his blue belt as well. All four have put in a lot of mat time and their new ranks are well deserved.
New promotions at our John Danaher Seminar!
It was a great weekend at the Serra BJJ Academy, with professor John Danaher down for yet another incredible seminar. The seminar focused on back control, which is a huge part of grappling. There were approximately 45 students in attendance to learn from one of the best in the world!
In addition, we had some promotions that took place, including one new blue belt, two purples, two brown belts, and a new Jedi Black Belt!
- The Latest Team Serra Blue Belts Are...
- New Promotions including a New Brown Belt at East Meadow
- ROC Cage Fighting Amateur MMA Results
- 5 New Blue Belts!
Page 8 of 15