The sun shined on Eisenhower Park’s Field 6A this past Sunday, August 16 for the first annual Team Serra BBQ. Over 250 Serra students and their extended families and friends helped to make this inaugural event a great success – from Buffalo chicken to beer pong, bison burgers to water balloons, the BBQ had it all.
To everyone who contributed in any way to making the BBQ such a huge hit… thank you so much for helping set up and clean up, for the drinks, the home-cooked meals, the meats, the desserts, the music, the games, and most of all, for sharing in the Team Serra spirit. We hope that this is the beginning of a very long tradition!
Special thanks to:
- Danny Valle, for keeping in his special daily planner a list of everything we needed to get this BBQ rolling
- Monsta, Dean and Danny for getting to the park bright and early to set up
- Billy Ho for his organizational skills, ice cream hookup and rent-a-pickup
- Joanne Kountourakis for all the BBQ shopping and on-site coordination
- Mike Horun for setting up and organizing the kids' games
- Stevie Stones for running the beer pong table
- Guillotine Ryan for his keg hookup, and volleyball net
- Monsta, Angel and Billy Tats for manning the grills
- Mr. Corallo (Mad Puppy's dad) for supplying us with the fantastic chips
- Danny Carroll for supplying generators for the DJ and ice cream
- Scott B. for his highly reviewed bison burgers
- Mike Patolino for letting the Serra samurais crawl all over him
- DJ Jimmy G for his endless supply of old school hip hop, ‘80s and pop hits
- Joe Zep and his wife Talia for their hookup to Restaurant Depot, and for running the most efficient 50/50 raffle ever (half of which will go to Long Island Cares during the first Team Serra Charity Drive later this year)
- John Delgaudio for showing us all how keg stands are done
- Arthur Martinez for packing his car out during clean up and John Sheridan for driving home with a keg in his passenger seat
- Baby Angelina for skipping naps and staying up way past her bedtime to share the day and evening with us
- All our loyal students who keep the team strong
- And of course, Matt and Nick Serra, for making this all possible.
Till next year!